Address: Belascoaín y Rastro
Zone/Area: La Habana Ciudad
The Conservatory "Amadeo Roldan" was inaugurated on October 2nd of 1903 as a Music Academy "Dr. Juan Ramon O'Farril". Several streets of Havana lodged the Institution: Zanja, Escobar, Reina, Virtudes, Morro and San Lazaro.
In 1942 it was placed the first stone of the present building, in the center of Havana, Trail No. 1; opened in 1943 as the Municipal Conservatory of Music in Havana. In the history of the institution are four important stages: when taking the direction of the place William Thomas (1911), Gonzalo Roig (1927), Amadeo Roldan (1936) and Diego Bonilla (1938).
At the center of the courtyard a voluminous dove carved in marble with the effigy of the Amadeo in hammered copper is the symbol of a qualitative jump in history, image that merges the past with the future in terms of the Real Maravilloso of the present.
The triumph of the Revolution, began a period up to new ways of teaching in constant renewal. Since then the importance of teaching their heritage is the alma mater of Music Schools.
Source: Site of the Culture Office- Municipality of Centro Habana